Sunday, August 2, 2009

Where do I begin?

Dave and I found out in November that we would be moving to GA for a new job and therefore getting a new home. Here is Luke in his new "sports" room in his big boy bed.
I've totally fallen off the blogging thing...for several reasons. Once we had Luke's birthday party in late May....we soon found out that we were pregnant:) Yes...I'm 13 weeks pregnant now. I felt great for the first 4 days and then we kind of went down hill for a bit. Since I didn't have any sickness with Luke (other than throwing up on a Whale Watching Boat trip) this has thrown me for a little loop. I keep saying that I am SO thankful that I can get pregnant and that the Lord has allowed me to do it again. So...I'm finally feeling better. I'm so thankful that school was ending for Dave so he could care for Luke...I literally was in bed all day some days...yuck! Again...I'm finally feeling a little bit better and we were able to see our little one on Friday:)
Then on July 17th...we loaded the truck and started out on our new adventure! Have I mentioned that I've been sick...my mom had to drive the entire 9 hours and stop every hour for me to throw up...how gross is that?! But we made it safely to our new home and we have settled in nicely. The people have been wonderful. Families from the school Dave will be teaching at provided numerous meals for us. Our neighbors have come over and introduced themselves and have just been so welcoming...we are so thankful! I'm also so thankful that my brother and his friend packed the truck, drove the truck, unpacked the truck, and helped us set up before heading back to VA. What a huge blessing!
What else? Today was our first time trying out a new church. The biggest part of finding a church for us at this point is making sure that Luke is safe and learning about Jesus. The church we went to today was SO great. They took Luke in and loved on him right away...that put my heart at ease. We will go back and see how it goes...
Dave and I know that being here is where the Lord wants us. We feel like we are at "home" for now. I don't think I've had time to get homesick...but I've prayed that I wouldn't feel homesick all the time. We live within minutes of a huge mall, Target, Marshalls, Pier 1, tons of places to eat, and on and on...so we love the area. A little shopping therapy is always good:) I'm sad I can't just call my girlfriends to go shopping and hang out, but I'm looking forward to making new relationships! Oh...the Lord did allow for one of my best friends (Amy:))to be right around the corner...yeah!
Luke has already found a new buddy...Leo. His family came over for dinner and the boys played like crazy...again...I'm so thankful!
Whew...that is a little update on our family. My goal is to be better at keeping up with blogging:)
One more thing...Dave and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on July 30th...I love this man!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Congratulations to you all, Kristen!! I am so happy for you. I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. You know, this pregnancy for me has been so different than Pierce's, too. And it is hard when you weren't sick at all with your first. It kind of comes as a shock! I hope it passes for you soon.
So sorry that we missed eachother before you moved, but I understand the stress you were under. You've definitely had a lot going on!
I hope to be able to keep up with your sweet little family through this blog world!
Love to you,
Katie