Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School


Well, our little Luke has started "school". We put him in a Mothers Day Out program 2 mornings a week and this was the first week. Dave and I had parents night, then we took Luke to meet his teachers, and then the big day came. We got up on Monday morning and off to school we went. Luke seemed to be ready. We talked about how they would sing songs, read, play, practice letters, and so much more. When we got there (it is at the church we are attending) Luke went right in...it was very cute. When I went back to pick him up...he was ready for his nap. Boy does school make him tired. Today we didn't even get 2 minutes away before he feel asleep and then slept for 2 hours!
I must add that since I was a teacher I said there were certain things I would NEVER do. Well, I did one...I e-mailed the teacher after the first day...just to make sure Luke did a good job. Mind you, they had sent a note saying he had a good day. What can I say...I'm a mom now:)

5 comments:

Clare said...

you can't help it!! i feel the same way! I hope you are feeling well!

Unknown said...

I'm sure he was not only good--he was the BEST!!! Of course that comes from his grandma Breslin who thinks he is fabulous!!!!

anna said...

so cute! I am sure KE will talk about Luke next week when we start MOPS. Hope you are doing well and feeling well! Keep us updated!

Stephanie said...

Oh how fun! I hope he is enjoying his new school. I love the outfit you have him in, Austin has the same one...hehehehe! Little boys growing up so fast! I hope all is well:)

Stephanie

Linda said...

Adorable! Glad to hear you all are settling in to your new location. Pray you are feeling well.