Monday, March 22, 2010

Introducing Kayleigh May

Oh where has the time gone...I haven't updated this blog in 5 months! So here are my reasons:) We moved, I was pregnant, we were adjusting to our new community, and can I say I was pregnant again! I was just really tired this pregnancy...maybe it was because I was chasing a 2 year old around:)




Now for the introduction of Miss Kayleigh May who arrived on January 30, 2010 at 9:39 pm and weighing in at 7lbs 2ozs...she is perfect!


We had some adjusting to do at home with big brother Luke...but he sure loves his sister!





Now for just a little bit of the story...I woke up on that Saturday morning...mom had already arrived and we were just waiting for Kayleigh. My water broke (which didn't happen with Luke) and off we went to the hosptial and at this point I was in no pain at all. We dropped Luke off with his friend Annaleese, checked into the BEST hospital, and then we waited and waited. Finally around 7 that evening I got an epidural and then around 9:30ish with only 2 pushes...Miss Kayleigh made her appearance. I must say that this was a total different experience this go around. I was in labor for 24 hours with Luke and pushed FOREVER and was in A LOT of pain and then once he arrived we realized the epidural wasn't in and the medicine was all over the bed...not in my body. So...I was nervous, but met some of the top guys at the hospital and they assured me I would be taken care of...and I was. I didn't know to ask for pain medication after the labor with Luke and boy I wish I did. This time....they hooked me up and really managed the pain. The hospital, nurses and staff were amazing...I was so thankful.

Fast forward 7 weeks later...we are doing well. Life is getting on track around our house and we were able to travel to VA last week for family and friends to meet Kayleigh and see Luke:) We had the best time and Kayeigh turned a corner. Her poor system is a little sensitive....so they said she has some colic/gas. Well...my aunt found some all natural miracle drops and Kayleigh is a new happy baby now. I sure wish I had this stuff for when Luke was a baby.

I hope to update more now that things are falling into place.

We are so thankful God gave us Luke and now little Kayleigh....we are blessed!




3 comments:

Susan Kimmel said...

YEAH!! That is such a sweet picture of brother touching his sister :) so glad it was an easy one for ya! :)

Stephanie said...

LOVE the pictures! I am so happy for you guys!! It was so great to see you all while you were in...Best of luck to you:)

Sessa said...

Okay, fast forward 7 months with a new post!(oh, I'm on you like glue my friend!)